View Single Post
Old 02-18-21, 03:50 PM   #4
vlad86
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

Sorry for making it so late, but yeah. I can confirm. I actually tried two different laptops, both have an Intel Integrated GPU (6th and 8th gen), the second one an old Radeon WX3100. I got the same black screen problem in all three. Used to play like that, as it is the only way of having working widescreen and with that some useful GUIS, but eventually I gave up as the game gets unplayable for the campaign (boat looks ok, but you can't read messages from the radio, you'll only get a black screen, so you'll miss important info from BDU).

I also got the annoying checkered smoke bug, and don't know how to remove it. Just learnt to live with it too...

My recommendation: Deactivate DXVK/VK3D (easy to do if you use Lutris), go for a nice 4:3 GUI. My recommendation is Rafael GUI. It'll be perfect if it wasn't that there is no stopwatch available in the map screen. I am thinking in modifying it just to add that feature! And about the smoke... Well, think of it as all ships need to change the catalyzers in their stacks: Not much else can be done.

Good luck! Despite the caveats I think this is eally worth it: No other simulators get even close to SH3.
vlad86 is offline   Reply With Quote