View Single Post
Old 09-17-16, 10:44 AM   #4
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayv2251 View Post
sometimes even after I reached a mission's "star" it won't register as a completed mission in my log book.

I'm currently doing a patrol in the Luzon Straights. Left Manila on December 9th 1941 in a Salmon class sub. Reached the "star" by the 10th. Immediately made contact with a convoy where I sank a battleship. Still cruising around the Luzon Straight recharging batteries after dodging a few destroyers. Darn program just won't give me a completed mission.

This isn't the first time this has happened either. I've patched the game to version 1.4. I know there's a 1.5 patch if you want the German U-boat missions, but I'm not working right now, can't afford to get that....even if that would fix this bug. Anyone else run into this issue?
First problem is that your default response is that the game is at fault and you are experiencing a bug. You are not. You don't get credit for a mission until you complete it. Just getting there won't get you a cup of coffee.

When you're sent to a position to patrol, you have to stay within x miles of the marker for x period of time. In the stock game the distance is always between 75 and 150 miles. It doesn't tell you which, so draw a 75mm radius and stay inside. Usually the time is 48 hours but not always. Mission text is bad about giving you the parameters.

So get to the position. Draw a 75 mile radius circle around the point. Stay inside until the star turns gray. When it turns gray you have your $200 for passing GO and can move on to the next mission.

Failure to complete a mission means next mission you are assigned with be the same darned one! Completing missions is the prime strategy of SH4--don't do it and you don't accumulate enough renown to keep your command.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote