View Single Post
Old 03-26-13, 10:09 AM   #10
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

First it was Acer and Fujitsu, now Samsung added to the chorus of heavy criticism of notebook producers who attack Windows 8 and refer to customers complaining about it. I read that Samsung now has pulled the emergency brake and has stopped the production of notebooks with preinstalled Winowds 8, since customers filed too many complaints about it and reinstall Windows 7 anyway. The demand of notebooks with preinstalled windows 7 is high, on the other hand.

Having overheared a talk between two salkesman in an electrionic chain shop earlier this month, I hgeared them saying that this damn Windows 8 crap is laying like lead on the shelves. Joining them I asked how the demand for Win8 OS is and how it compares to Win 7. They admitted that the sales of Windows 8 is a disaster and that the demand for Windows 7 has "exploded" since the cheap price-action for the erarly release of Windows 8 had run out.

The shop I talk of is Mediamarkt - the biggest electronic chain in Europe.

The MS-made tablet that was launched along with Windows 8, also does not good. Sales are far behind expectations. Again, not os much the - mediocre - hardware is quoted to be the reason, but the OS.

Microsoft meanwhile leaked a copy of the next OS generation, named Blue. By the first look of it they have not learned anything so far. That, or arrogance has become the only lead principle of their work by now.