View Single Post
Old 12-13-17, 08:49 PM   #1
EagleBeak
Nub

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default 2004 Russian campaign CRAZY hard

Let me start by saying I'm not complaining about this mod! This mod is amazing, and I don't even play the vanilla game anymore. However, I felt it about time for everyone who's played this campaign to have a "safe space" to whine and complain.

Playing as the Russians in 2004 is a hair-pulling experience. I don't claim to be the best player, but I can beat a US campaign on Hard difficulty without a single defeat (or spam save). However, I'm having a very difficult time finishing a single campaign as the 2004 Russians right now on normal or easy difficulty.

2 biggest issues I'm having:

1st: Mother-*******ing ACAPS

Holy cow, these things are the energizer bunnies of the US Navy. I honestly don't mind their amazing detection range, or how impossible it is to lose them. BUT, what I cannot stand is the fact that every time I have one launched at me, the ensuing fight to stay alive lasts FOREVER. I've never timed their swim time, but it feels like 20 minutes. Chances are that I will successfully evade it, BUT, that's 20 minutes less game time I have every time I get shot at. Very boring.

2nd: Campaign Map

This is actually the biggest reason I put up the game for days at a time. I am beginning to think that some of the mission briefs were paired up incorrectly with the missions themselves, because it is often nearly impossible to find the targets. The last one I've been stuck on tells me to find US subs in the Barents Sea, and they are NOT in the Barents Sea. Not only have I spam loaded over and over searching all over the Barents to find where the subs, but during this time I have Soviet aircraft all over the Barents as well . . . not a single sub to be found.
I addition to that, god be with you if you are sent on a mission near the GUIK line. One things these missions to teach you is how important military intelligence is in real life, because you have none on these missions (which is realistic of course, unlike the previous issue).

Alrighty then, off my soap box! Feel free to talk about all the frustrations you guys are having with the Russian campaign! Also, if anyone has any tips or tricks to playing as the Russians, well . . . it'd be criminal not to share.
EagleBeak is offline   Reply With Quote