View Single Post
Old 01-25-23, 07:04 PM   #36
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Not in one sentence, no. Short-term changes in weather like one warm or cold summer (or winter) does not represent a decade or century-long trend of a changing climate.

You are right, isolated occurrences do not represent a general climate change. But the decade-long melting of glaciers does show a trend.
It is not that this has not happened before, but the very short time interval in which it happens now is breathtaking. We see it happening in decades when it took ten-thousand years, or even millions of it (like the permian climate change and extinction).

You did not share a link of the news where this is discussed or then I still have not found it –
Yes, planetary forces, the earth's magnetic field, even "thermal exhalations" or volcanic eruptions can (and have!) influenced weather and climate of any planet, there are also cyclic changes. This has - afaik - not much to do with what we see now.

I couldn’t find the paper about the Pacific currents warming it was so easy to find just a few months ago. However I did find a study about the Atlanticfication of arctic water which proposes the Arctic has been on a warming trend long before measuring instruments were even invented. They also add there is plenty of controversy regarding this theory and AGW theory.
Quote:
Controversy still remains on the relative impact of natural versus anthropogenic forcing on the North Atlantic system. However, it seems likely that the slowdown of the AMOC during the early 20th century has been caused primarily by increased export of Arctic sea ice and freshwater in the North-East Atlantic following the end of the LIA (Last Ice Area)
Hurry up, read IT, copy it, download it, whatever before that disappears from the intardnet too.

Yes the isolated possibility of removing a weather station from a cold climate are of the planet will affect the global temperature average. But don’t forget I also add my arguement there is an obvious correlation between the establishment of new weather station around the globe in the last few decade and the so-called “breathtaking” rise in global temperature average.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 01-25-23 at 07:33 PM. Reason: To irritate Dowly
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote