View Single Post
Old 01-25-23, 05:59 PM   #33
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
You expect me to believe that in one sentence you explained a lot about earth's climate history, really?
Not in one sentence, no. Short-term changes in weather like one warm or cold summer (or winter) does not represent a decade or century-long trend of a changing climate.
Quote:
All I did was attempt to share my understanding of the difference between global temperature average and temperature anomaly and why I think temperature averages have increased and that the end of year arguments of warming are actually over temperature anomalies?
You are right, isolated occurrences do not represent a general climate change. But the decade-long melting of glaciers does show a trend.
It is not that this has not happened before, but the very short time interval in which it happens now is breathtaking. We see it happening in decades when it took ten-thousand years, or even millions of it (like the permian climate change and extinction).

You did not share a link of the news where this is discussed or then I still have not found it –
Yes, planetary forces, the earth's magnetic field, even "thermal exhalations" or volcanic eruptions can (and have!) influenced weather and climate of any planet, there are also cyclic changes. This has - afaik - not much to do with what we see now.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote