Old 10-31-19, 04:07 PM   #10
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
[…]
This provides US not only with a unique information gathering tool (that they are known to exploit) but also with a unique propaganda tool - those companies can and do enact political editorial campaighns abroad. Should countries attempt to limit such influence, especially if it is hostile and harmful, such as FB stuffing their entire moderation teams (in Ru language sector) with Ukrainian nationalist political activists?
Well we saw that having the servers in the US are no protection against election manipulation if you do it cleverly
Most will even now say that it did not happen because "what should not happen cannot happen (and "has not happened" lol).

It is true that most of international Severs are located in the US, and it is of course true that just of all Windows 10 breaks all previous agreed standards and reluctance when it come to transferring data to the US/NSA/younameit.

I do not like it either, but if the world/international citizen wants to change this, we'd need an international free independent organisation that provides that kind of independent anonymous internet.

If i look at what happens worldwide with the turning back to nationalism and China leading the whole crap i do not see this coming.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote