Old 07-05-12, 07:08 PM   #31
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
@Skybird:
Well you completely misunderstood me, but it is fine you like that kind of total "war"fare so much.
Thanks for the misled irony. But I do not like war and "total warfare" at all. I just have no illusions about what war is. That'S why you would see much fewer wars with me, and those fewer wars that still are there, would be fought differently, and with much more uncompromised determination.

Quote:
With having no permission i certainly mean the head or parliament of a state or nation to allow other nations to kill terrorists in their country, not asking the warlord or a criminal.
The government in Pakistan that openly hosts and supports and protzects the Taliban and triues to destabilise Afghanistan, and that has harboured Osama Bin Laden and called it treachery that somebody has betrayed Bin Laden, so that afterwards they caught that doctor and sentenced him to prison in an act of revenge? Or is it the government in Gaza that declares time and again that it is at war with Israel and that is formed by murderers who are criminal, as you would call it, themselves, who act in betrayal of their people'S interest and bring bloodshed and misery and Shria-oriented tyranny above them while plannign the next missile attack against Israeli residential areas where there are no military targets, but they do not want these anyway? Or is it the regime in Iraq that continues with the ethnic hostility and has fielded assassination groups again and of which many observers and insiders say that they torture and discriminate ehtnicities at least as intense as Saddam did?

You have plenty of respect for these, do you?

Quote:
Does the US ask the countries it kills people in ?
Should it?

Quote:
And is it really the criminal you are looking for, judged by some hushhush camera pictures, and grainy films ? So he's at a wedding ? Kill them all.
It is not about criminals. This is no law enforcement operation.

Quote:
The "West" has itself driven, financed and built up the very terrorism it now encounters, warlords, Islam and all, against "communism", and Muenzler has not mentioned it once. There was no responsability back then, and there is none now.
Ah, yes it is all ourt own fault that Saudi regime is corrupt, that Islam claims world supremsacy and wants a caliphate in Spain, it is our mistake that Bin Laden decided to kill 3000 civilians while you do not mention that but worry about the Americans shooting in a war. I assume those 3000 killed just got what they deserved, they really have asked for, didn'T they? Oh wir ruchlosen Westler, oh die armen edlen Wilden, die keine Schuld trifft? Quran and Shariah - it is all our own fault!?

No clue who Muenzler is. Some historic politician, since you link him to some old times? Google did not help me.

Quote:
And killing without trial is exactly that - you suspect something, and this is enough for you to kill him, via a pushed button, from your room. And then you go downstairs and have breakfast with your family.
Well, in war battle, oyu do not hold trials over enemioes about to get targetted, yes. It proved to be inpracticle.

Quote:
This is not only cowardly, this is atrocious, against all treaties that ever were.
Aaginst all treaties, yes. The taliban and others disregard the Geneva convention. They disregard the Hague Land Warfare convention. The disregard all those precious humanitarian ROEs that we allow our armies to get bounded by. It is cowardly to fight them with the smallest risk to our own troops? You favour allied soldiers dead instead of enemy terrorists and murderers dead, eh? This is no Basketball, you false philantropist. In spüorts, there may be sportsmanship and fairness, in war it is not. Yoiu do not be satisfied by winning 82 to 76, becasue you then have a lot od funerals in your own army. You want to win 100 to 0, if you can manage that. If that means to stab the enemy in his back while he is sleepiong, very well. If it means to shpoot him from a distance where he cannot return fire, very well. If that means to kill him without him even realsiing you are around, very well. If that means to kill him by drone instead of putting a nfioghter and pilot at risk, very well.

Quote:
There are no words for this kind of "asymmetric warfare" indeed.
Well, the Amerinas certainly would love if the enemy would not fgall back to asymmetrical warfare, but would just face them in an open field battle like any ordinary army of the past, so that they could kick the hell out of him. Unfortunately, the enemy does not cooperate.

Quote:
If you do it that way you are not much better than the others you fight against - which certainly seems to suit you, it is total war, Sun-Tzu in "Reinkultur", winning is all and to hell with democracy, jurisdiction and human rights. I would love to see you in a war that is being led by the very methods you so seem to love, out of your comfy chair.
Tell that Bin Laden, he started it when he committed intended mass murder against civilians. Tell that Islam, it has turned these oriental countries and places into stagnating barbaric hellholes all by itself. Without this inhumane ideology, Europe of the past centuries probably would have been culturally, economically and scientifically inferior to the Arab world.

And none of the places you are about, not Iraq not Pkistan, not the Palestinian territories, are democracies. They are theocratic and militant oligarchies.

You are much more dangerous than you imply I am, because you have dangeorus illusions about how these things can be settled, and what war is. You mistake romantic idealism with reality, so that you necessarily fail to adress it on realistic terms. Needless to say that you also are heavily biased, anti-Western, anti-American anyway. You allow barbaric cruelty of our enemies - Islamic terror, that is - while thinking not to challenge them over that shows your own moral and civilizational superiority. You think leading your own army the path to defeat makes you a kind and sensible being that will be liked, and that war can be fought nice and clean and sterile and fair.

You will not be liked. You will get eaten. Happens to prey all the time.