View Single Post
Old 10-31-10, 09:03 PM   #54
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carotio View Post
I have an idea, just in case economy plays a significant large role again next year, given that we have the global financial crisis and all.

This year, I have the impression not all of those who initially intended to attend did attend in the end, even though a lot did cast a vote for New London (instead of the other 3 or 4 suggestions in the States: Chicago etc). I have to say, I was one of them.

If I had the money, and if I could spend the time, I would have come, but I couldn't, and I think others had the same problem in the end.

Then now, I just got an unusual idea: how about two meetings at the same time? One in Pearl Harbour and one in London.
I know it would be much more fun to have a lot of people meet at the same place, but if economy plays a significant large role again next year, then just think about it. As an alternative. And photos from both meet events can still be shared through the forum...

So anyone like the idea?
I wouldn't favor having two separate meets just for general purposes and you may not realize this but it's probably cheaper for most folks in the continental US to fly to England than it would be to Honolulu.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote