Old 01-02-23, 05:20 PM   #5229
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
good to see you back, posting.
i thought, with your absence, that you had gone deep.
The holidays this year have been crazy with a capital "K"... wowsers.

Quote:
it's August 1943 and you have me transferred to Darwin?
Darwin?
as soon as we put in after this patrol, i am calling my classmate in BuPers!
Can you describe your career with some detail KM? ie, Argonaut started suchNsuch date, assigned Empire Waters, objective completed, 65 days return to Pearl. Next assignment Marshalls. objective completed, stopped by Truk on the way home, out 48 days, etc. - I have now run two Argonaut (old TMO pseudo Narwhal) careers out of Pearl and have not had issue with Brisbane transfer and docking. I have not hung around long enough to see the transfer to Darwin, but next round I will. We have more changes to the mod for the next build and I can test the Argonaut again for that.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Base problem:

I started a new construction campaign (Mare Island CareerStart 1942 from Mare Island with a Gato class (USS Silversides), did all the trials and training, and was assigned to patrol the Carolines Islands for five days. I reached the patrol area, sunk ships for near 30.000 tons. near Dublon (19-23 May 1942), finished the 5 days patrol and received the known radio message, good work, return to base, etc.

But my base continue to be Mare Island...No tilted anchor in Midway or Pearl; now, 10 june 1942, I´m in Pearl rearming and refueling, and it seems I should go to Mare Island (tilted anchor) to finish the patrol...

Best regards and Happy New Year.

Fitzcarraldo
yeah, that seems to be the case.
i think that the FOTRSU team made a typo in the critical file.
[Flotilla 6.UserPlayerUnitType 1]
ID= F6Gato
NameDisplayable= Gato class
AvailabilityInterval= 1942-03-04, 1943-05-10
IDLinkUserPlayerUnitType= Gato
UnitTypeCommonality= 4
IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo= MidwayCommand
1943-05-10 probably should be 1942-05-10...
That is indeed the problem fitzcarraldo, as pointed out by KM. The way you did it, in going back to Mare Island and transferring was the easiest way to "fix" it. Next release has that 1943 year date changed to 1942...

Of note also is a change in the Sea Trials paradigm forthcoming next FotRSU release that will (hopefully) eliminate all issue with the mission assignments and transfers... maybe

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote