View Single Post
Old 12-14-07, 10:44 AM   #1544
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138
Uploads: 0

Well, seeing I'm new to sub sims, here is the story of the best patrol so far in my career. Got orders to sail out of Manilla and patrol east of Celebes Sea. Got there and sank 4 merchants and 1 warship. The 4th merchant ship was detected by sonar in heavy fog and visually couldn't see him at all from the deck. I followed the signals and I was so close to him yet cannot see him. All of a sudden to my port side about 50 feet was a large composite ship with some Japanese crew members looking at me. Needless to say I needed a fresh pair of boxer shorts.:rotfl:Couldn't use no torps so manned the deck gun, made enough space and sank him. Making my way home and at that time the fog left. A fast destroyer was coming for me. I had just surfaced and batteries were low. Ony two forward torps left. Another clean boxer shorts needed.:rotfl:What to do? Can't outrun him. So I lined up directly on his bow, waited until he was close enough and getting shelled like hell, damages increasing. Sent the two torps into the destroyer's bow and whammo! the torps may have went under him and split his hull in two. Returned to base beaten up but alive. Got a wounded medal for my efforts.
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote