View Single Post
Old 03-09-15, 02:37 AM   #14
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Last update for the weekend. More game work during the week.

Dry fit parts of the superstructure that are unmistakable (i still mark them on the underside just incase)

THe sharpness (quality) of a Tamiya casting (the ack ack gun)

Versus the one I kitbased from an extra I had from my 1954 Missouri casting from Revell. The guns dont elevate on this model unfortunatly and I couldnt see an easy way to accomplist that (on the 1954 revell missouri they just fit in a slot and elevate with friction. I could've cut out the slots and made some sort of mechanism, but it would've took days for each of the 3 turrets. You can see the stretched sprue I added to the little doodads that stick off the turrets. I dont even know what they are supposed to do in real life but I love small details and practicing sprue stretching is always good cause its an art.

Doesnt that Testors matt steel look awesome? Straight paint no custom additives. Im gonna start mixing it in any metal parts, I used to mix in aluminium for that but it just gave it a flake look versus this sheen. I need to drill out the 5" guns too make it look better,

I might glue the deck together as one whole peice and leave it seperate, this model is designed so you can extend the outboard screws to spin and if you were really inclined... make the rudder turn with a servo. I have lots of tiny servos laying around from mini chinese helis I buy when they are 50% off so I might make it move.

Kitbashed the little dome peice on the #2 turret because I saw lots of them all over the model.