Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep-Six
Here is my theory; everything in your syst uses power and will need to take that into account. That does include DVD, all flavors, CD, all flavors, MB, all expansion cards, HDDs, the amount of RAM, etc. I personally burned out a p/s not having enough jiuce to power everything in my syst. With the more up to date rigs, you will need to buy a large enough p/s to run everything.

I forgot to add fans also need juice.
This will also include water cooling also.

Your friendly neighborhood pc tech.
While I agree that excess heat and/or power supply issues can be the cause of many problems, specifically CTD's and BSOD's, I will point out again that I have an 850W PSU and I have no heating problems.....and also that I can switch back and forth between SH4 1.4 and SH4 1.5 (both with PE3), and only the latter results in the immediate BSOD. (...and I have NO CTD's or BSODs with any other applications/games)
I think we had ruled out the hardware malfunction issues. I think now at issue is the 8800 series videocards, the Nvidia driver, Vista in how it handles the API graphics and SH4 1.5.

As I posted before not an "unseen" problem with other sims on other platforms. A problem that crops up with new hardware and the software driver and OS. Of course the outcome may not be a BSOD but some other strange rendering or artifact.

Here we have the worst case scenario for folks running Vista+8800+Nvidia+SH4 1.5 = BSOD. Unacceptable in my opinion. I would be screaming also! If someone can pull a string and have someone look at this...it would be great!

Other than that who needs a drink? I am buying.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote