View Single Post
Old 08-10-23, 05:45 PM   #8
Oubaas
Frogman

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post
I think I vaguely remember reading somewhere that supposedly with the latest version on CMO scenario building is easier? Most of the available scenarios have way too much going on for me and my computer.

I started on learning CMO, then got distracted, getting the itch to tackle it again.
Yeah, there are some new features, but I haven't really tried them out yet. But I believe custom scenarios are easier now.

In the load screen, if you find the tutorials, each category starts out very, very basic, e.g. the surface warfare tutorial starts you out commanding one patrol boat, interdicting one pirate vessel that's pestering some expedition vessels.

The aviation tutorial starts you out just launching an aircraft and having it navigate around the area.

Once you're comfortable with the basics, each successive tutorial builds on previous tutorials, until you're commanding some complex scenarios with no problem.

The whole thing is more than a game, it's pretty much a hobby in itself. If the base version is missing tutorials, look in the Steam Workshop, and in the game's Guides section on Steam. Also look at the game's forum on the Matrix website. There's a lot of stuff out there for it.

I have TacView and all the DLC, and once you get comfortable with the title, the rest of your games and sims may start gathering dust. But it will take some study, experimenting, and practice to get the most out of CMO.

Oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote