View Single Post
Old 02-14-13, 04:00 PM   #63
scissors
Shore leave

Downloads: 303
Uploads: 0
Default Vitriol ...

Yes , I call it Ubihate ..And im not sure what to make of it .
On the one hand ( per SH5). The DRM did suck , It was like a slap in the face saying .. You are a paying customer , Yet you will jump through these hoops , and play when /how we say its ok .. Most of that has been fixed now but it hurt the games sales . As a sub-simmer I .. we have/had an interest in SH5 sales .. No sales= no new subsims .
And ... the game wasn't completely complete .. It was playable . And im not one to second guess a person who can do things i cannot even understand ,(Yes I am .. Sorry ) .
But there were choices made that could have been,just as easily not made, and been much better .. ( The Man beating on the welding machine while in port comes to mind.. Just no!! ) .That particular example is nitpicking but ...Its valid .
Its all Beside the point though in my humble opinion ..
First off ,Anyone willing can go to Neal's interview with the SH5 team before it was released.
They made it clear then, that sh5 was to be a canvas , For the Modders to put the shine on .. And its getting pretty shiny .There is no better open water simulation to my knowledge, I have looked .If anyone knows a better one ?
And as for DRM ..
DRM is the result of living among-st the Masses , Its like Guns and gun control now .
Some few endanger the freedoms of the rest by abusing those freedoms .. (Too dramatic ? )

I havent gotten a beta key yet so i cannot speak to SHO yet ..
I love that there is an interest in taking the franchise further ..
But subs are not tanks . Nor airplanes ,Nor sword wielding heros , They can be just as fun , More interesting , But its a slower , more subtle thing .
Im not sure wow gamers will "get it " ..( see ... worried about Ubis sales again )
I think a previous poster came really close when they said Ubi should revisit SH5 ..
And its not that the Modders dont do amazing work themselves without the direct support of Ubi .. Its quite the opposite .. Its that the Modders have shown what potential is and was there .A lot of it there from the beginning and just turned off .

If they On sh5 engine or better graphically .............. I would like play Halsey , Or Yamamoto.... to control an entire battle-group . Or.Hell, just an aircraft carrier would be primo ..I Would like to replay ..Midway on either/both side complete with all ships i can walk around in and control individually or give commands .THAT is a good idea .I should get paid for ideas like that ..
Its easy to think big when its not your money i guess ..

I take solace in hoping/knowing that things are progressing both with software and hardware and costs will go down ,, and the franchise will live on .
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote