View Single Post
Old 01-08-23, 12:56 PM   #396
Oubaas
Frogman

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I have never been to the US, but there were one or two episodes in one of my all time favourite TV series, Spenser, that had their plots set in scenery in New England in autumn, and that series was famous for - at its time - extremely costly intensive out-of-the-studio shooting (which stopped it after season 3, due to the costs and despite its enormous popularity). Back then I stared at those images from New England forests in autumn and all I could think was "Wowh". Beyond the series, the autumn in New England is world-famous, and I assume that is for a reason.
I have the whole series on VHS, in long play, because the - excellently dubbed - German versions were never released in Germany. I am happy that back then I always invested into top quality VHS tapes by Fuji, so the image quality is okay to watch, and for VHS even extremely good, still, after so many years. The recordings must be around 25 years old. Quesiton is whether my two Panasonic VHS recorders still would work, especially the rubber rings I am worried about. - I know there are Engloish-.voiced DVD of Sopenser, but I want the German dub - believe it or not, its better, the text choices, and the speaker's voices. Cant get used to the opriginal voices and texts, they lack the laconic irony the German edition added, and Robert Urich's original voice was - well, his German speaker simply sounds better and more appropriate for Urich's physical appearance and style, same for Avery Brooks.
If you have a VHS deck and a PC with a DVD-writer, I think you can burn the VHS content onto DVD, preserving the German dub. My wife managed to copy a bunch of VHS tapes to DVD a few years back. I think she used RCA cables coming out of the back of the VHS player for video and audio, and somehow ran it into the computer, then burned it to DVD through some video editing software.
Oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote