Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt RAP View Post
Hi Guys!
I have tried and tried to download and get the preview to work! Maybe its my machine, maybe I don't know what I am doing, maybe I am just old. Can someone help? Love to try the preview since it has been a long time since the last release.

Thanks
CAPT RAP
*sighs*

To start with, what is the version of SH4 you have... secondly... where do you have it installed. Please, NOT in either of the \Program file locations in C:\ as this is NOT where that you want to have it installed... EVER... can't stress that strongly enough.

I pray, that you are using JSGME to utilize the FotRS-U v1.6x preview set... in next reply, kindly paste a activated list from JSGME, so the exact order of activation is done on your end... this info will help analyze & look at assisting in getting it in the proper (or as close approximation of order, as is humanly possible, that is... )

3rdly... have to apply either of the following :

4GB patch

Large Address Aware (or LAA*, as some refer to it)

These tell your computer to hand over 4 GB of RAM for the game/sim to use when playing...

Have found as My experience, that LAA* is a simple 3 step process. point LAA at the SH4.exe, check mark the box for it to be assigned 4 GB RAM... & click apply/accept the assignment &... done.

So easy, a caveman can do it... ( sorry... My weird sense of humor back dang it... *whip crack sound here*
Lastly, strongly recommend using MultiSH4, so as to keep the game save folder separate, especially if you are running more than 1 modded copy of SH4.

Hopefully this info helps... if not, getting a look at your JSGME may help if you did in fact, use that to run the preview set...

M. M.