View Single Post
Old 11-05-20, 07:46 PM   #10
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essenza View Post
Thanx but i read somewhere that Sub Command is more accurate as a sub simulation, is that true ?
688i, Sub Command, and Dangerous Waters were all part of the same family of games. They were all developed and coded by Sonalysts.

None of the games are more (or less) "accurate" than the others. Sub Command was the second in the series so while it lost the "3D Control Room" from 688i, it made up for it with some newer GUI features and better graphics plus a better data base of foreign/enemy ships and subs.
Dangerous Waters was the last of the series, which offered even more improvements for graphics, more playable platforms (sub, frigate, helo, and a P-3 Orion), and an even larger data base of ships and weps.

So, "more accurate" doesn't really doesn't fit the description. At their core, they are all the same basic game. I have all three installed but I usually play Dangerous Waters or one of its mod-ed versions.

Sub Command is still a good game, its a great way to "think like Sonalysts" and learn all the things you'll need to know.

BTW, not to beat this horse but there is an entire section of this forum dedicated to the Sonalysts games. Check out the Modern Era Subsims section and the Dangerous Waters sub-forums. Look carefully and you'll see Sub Command still has its own forum.

You'll find your answers there, and trust me, if you're new to this type of game you're going to have a ton of questions.
We'll see your questions there and we'll be able to answer with a lot more detail (or at least steer you to a thread you'll want to read).
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote