View Single Post
Old 09-26-16, 07:12 AM   #45
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Feelig downright 'chirpy' this AM!

Well I couldn't sleep anyway; and then my "ears-of-a-fox" wife informed me that a smoke-alarm was going off...somewhere in the house. A neat trick I can't do (deaf 65 year-old ) as the door is always shut to keep out the pesky love-starved cats at night. So, out we stumble (04:30) to hear which one is 'chirping' and replaced the 9V battery in the one in my 'mancave'....NO JOY...still chirping...After an interminable period, another chirp from the front living-room: sho' 'nuff' it's the oft forgotten state-required monoxide alarm down low, plugged in an electrical wall outlet behind the damn piano. I Removed two slightly corroded AA's from the offending gizmo and secured same! I'm now hopelessly wide-awake: Piano's back in place; made the coffee; and blogging while awaiting the morning paper-an unplanned start to the day!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote