View Single Post
Old 01-30-14, 12:12 PM   #16
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default !/30/2014

On this date in history: 1649; annointed King Charles I is beheaded for treason just outside Parliament...a practice sadly gone lacking. His last thoughts must have been on his Great Auntie, Elizabeth I, who established the precedent of royal executions when she signed the death warrant for her anointed cousin (Charles paternal grandmother) Mary, Queen-of-Scots, executed 1587. Nothing like a little regal stare decises in British common law! 1862: the Monitor is launched from the Continental Iron Works of Greenpoint NY...the British navy begins remodeling anew...as the old expression "Not worth a continental is reviewed....Hmmm, turrets and armor...ya think! Strangely, the German observers picked up on the extensive use of railroads in the Civil War, welded it to Von Clausewitz...and lost two two-front world wars to the Royal Navy! 1933: Adolf Hitler becomes chancellor of Germany...democracy in action!!? The first episode of the Lone Ranger and Tonto is aired on radio...Move over Old Shatterhand and Winnetou!(written in the 1890's and read by every young German, including young Adolf). Fiery steed Silver replaces Hatatitla (Lightning) and the silver-bullet revolvers replaced redoubtable rifles: Bärentöter and Henrystützen! 1962: The Flying Wallendas discover gravity is not their friend at the State Fair in Detroit Michigan; 1948: Nathuram Godse kills one of the better men on the planet: Mohandas K. Gandhi,(Inshallah BBY!) and it's now a nuclear mess between India and Pakistan to boot. We moderate very discreetly from Diego Garcia. 1968: the TET offensive; a massive surprise attack, all-out offensive began against South Vietnam...the beginning of the end for the post-colonial American empire. That's how it all looks in hindsight; 2014-today: I'm off to shoot my Henrystützen .44 mag. "golden boy"...one of the Sioux/Cheyenne positions at Little Big Horn ain't called "Henry Hill' fer nuthin...is it Winnetou?!HOKA HEY!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 01-30-14 at 03:30 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote