View Single Post
Old 02-20-23, 07:03 AM   #95
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

Been away from Sub Sims for yrs and am trying to get back into them but for one thing....my eyesight is not as it used to be and I fear I am getting too old to enjoy the game at a young 52.I know many here are getting up there in yrs so I make the suggestion of increasing the size of tools and decluttering them for ease of use as we age.

The below complaints are with the ARB Wide GUI but please don't take offense as I really love it but for my reasons below.

When I click the recognition manual I have a hard time seeing such small letters and on top of that the whole book is really dark.Even if the letters were slightly larger if the book is trying to simulate something by being so dark I just cant read it and the manual is worthless to me.

Next is the U-jagd in upper right corner is small and I cant read the numbers at all.Maybe one line is readable for me.

The compasses have so many lines and letters that I cant make anything out.Its so cluttered and I wonder why so many lines are needed? The small compass in lower right is cluttered with so many lines I must stare at it,squint,try to figure it out and then carefully click the tiniest line.Looking at an actual compass built into the sub and I can find North and everything else super easy.I can quickly set bearing for 30deg or set course for 190deg.The inner ring is a bearing indicator while the outer ring is the actual compass.

Just an example of a gui with a small U-jagd.Why not make it larger as the screen has the room for it.
https://i.postimg.cc/sDFD5HPk/hc-uzo.jpg

EDIT: just fired up stock SH3 and my eyes are not straining.The recognition manual is very legible and very bright and hence easy to read.Looking thru scopes and the heading at top is easily readable.The compass is the simple inner and outer ring and easy to make adjustments.Its the GUIs are trying to add in too much IMO and it clutters it all.

Last edited by Wolfstriked; 02-20-23 at 07:14 AM.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote