Contemplative Flame
Watchman

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Au contraire, mon frère! Art Anker pointed this out to us many moons ago:

[REL] Trigger Maru 1.7.6 (Updated 24Jan08)

Quoting Ducimus in that thread: "it is imperitive that it be ran on a clean installed sh4 version 1.4"

Since I cannot find it any longer on SubSim here, we'll link you to s7rikeback's link:

Trigger Maru v1.7.6

I also cannot find the ROW mod mentioned in the thread, but another thread does mention that it appears to be included in TMO v1.7.6. There is a compatible RSRDC available also, just make certain you have the correct one of those.

Thank you for the info I will check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Yes, not as discussed as the MK 14's issues, probably because MK 10 was not as widely used as MK 14. Also, the MK 10 "only" an four feet deeper than set on average, setting them shallow pretty much solved issue. The MK 14, even when set to minimum depth, still would run deep enough at times to cause a miss. I have implemented this into forthcoming update of TMO, a lot of shots will miss due to depth issues in early war. Then there was the premature explosions and duds.

As propbeanie pointed out, there are versions of TMO that work with 1.4, but they are quite dated, some versions were first released in 2007/2008. I recently released a update for TMO, since the creator is no longer active in the subsim community and the mod was in dire need of a facelift. I would highly suggest if at all possible finding a SH V 1.5 disk online, or even download it from STEAM(last resort) usually quite cheap so can take advantage of the excellent up to date mods and get the full experience of the sim.
Yeah I have an original SH4 disk from back in the day, I think version 1.0, so I always have to patch it myself for a clean install. I will see what I can do though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy...

Just to add a bit to the info flow here... know that Steam, does do an offering of a 3-n-1 pack, (they really should call it a 4-n-1 pack) know that when I grabbed that same pack, I was able to snag it for $21-$22 & change(roughly) at the time, which was a couple of years ago, as memory serves Me... ) that has SH3, SH4 v1.4 & v1.5, as well as SH5.

No sure what the price would be, but... given that Black Friday, is soon upon us... would venture a guess that it would likely be at a discount from the normal every day price for that pack.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.

Thanks, my only issue with Steam is the DRM and how you don't really own it. Short of finding a 1.5 patch disk with the U-boat module, I don't see any other way to acquire the update. I don't need the whole base game, just the expansion pack (yes I know that's old school but it was pre-DLC so the term doesn't apply lol).

Also in general to all, how does TMO, whatever version, compare to RFB? I see that people rarely mention/play RFB anymore. I know one thing is that RFB maintains a very slow deck gun reload, for all shots. We're talking 30+ probably, maybe slightly under 30 secs with a wonderful, 4-man gun crew.

Last edited by Contemplative Flame; 11-18-21 at 04:15 PM.
Contemplative Flame is offline   Reply With Quote