Thread: SC sonar puzzle
View Single Post
Old 07-06-08, 03:22 AM   #15
Frame57
Sea Lord

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

By all means install it. The guys did a superb job. It makes it much more fun to play. I like it much more than Dangerous waters. You can control a lot more subs in it. You just have to get creative with using your sonar. I have found that even with auto crew on, I can still move the cursor through the spectrum and this will help pick up contacts more readily. I dunno! I think they programed the autocrew with Gilligan or somebody. Using MK-48's in the game tend to screw up, so be watchful about that and be prepared to use the wire guidance a lot. Whatever you do forget ever using the fire control auto crew. They NEVER get the settings right! Do your weapons presets yourself, just remember to have "Show Truth" in the options turned off or you will not be able to adjust them. All in all this is the most fun game allong with 688i, but that game is not as graphically nice, but the auto crew in that game actually does their job in a non remedial fashion like the nitwits on these boats in SC. Same people made them (Sonalysts), so go figure why they decided Gilligan would be the sonar techs in an otherwise terrific game???
Frame57 is offline   Reply With Quote