View Single Post
Old 05-21-21, 08:07 AM   #3286
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Soviet Fanboi View Post
I will just simply wait till I get transferred to a new boat and apply the method which you all just said before upgrading to a newer gun.
Thanks
Just remember that the 20mm on the conn is AA, so is only manned by one person. The 40mm on the conn will use 2 gunners. The 20mm on the deck is classified as a "Deck Gun", and to avoid issues with future upgrades is manned by a full "Deck Gun" crew of four. I believe I mentioned two characters previously, but it is four gunners. The player cannot access the second Deck Gun position since the game did not make provisions for such. Therefore there is not a "camera" available to "see" with, and the player cannot jump into the position.

If you have the guns where you want them, but do not have gun positions on the crew page, you most likely only have to delete the AdditionalRepository" terms from one of your guns' listing in the Save folder, and then you should have slots appear for them inside your boat. If the slots are there already, there is nothing wrong. You just have to "man" the gun with your crewmembers, Save the game, exit and then come back in, Load the Save, and the crew should be at their positions when you next call Battle Stations. Again though, the 20mm Deck Gun is just that, a "Deck Gun", and it will not normally shoot at airplanes as an AA gun on the conning tower does. That is one of the limitations of the Player-controlled submarines in the game. If you are ever near a surfaced AI submarine, you will see them do AA with all of their guns, but the player boat cannot do that.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote