View Single Post
Old 08-17-23, 06:00 AM   #176
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

A very nice illustration why I want First Person Tennis back in my active game collection. Beside Eleven the best realistic sports simulation on VR. With a human opponent even better. When I played it until two year ago with my old Rift, I made the same mistakes (usually standing/positioning errors) and got the same consequences like I got in real tennis back then. Below the belt - leg work - obviously is not on the menu, but above belt - arms work and body work - it is very, very close to the real thing, if you out the effort into it. The way I played it, which was very very engaged, it had workout qulity for me: racing pulse, lots of sweat, comparable to what I have when jogging. Just do nto just stand and woith a lack of interest move your ahnd as if holding a pencil, but do the real swing deal, find the correct stand in relation to the ball and strike you plan to do - then its a fantastic experience.

The player in the video is not even a good one, but the video shows better than most others what it looks like from the players perspective.

Maybe I will need to buy TWO Quest 3s. One for my parents - and one for myself.

Edit: the developer says the dedicated version for the Quest works significantly better than the Steam version played with Link-cable on PC.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-17-23 at 06:17 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote