View Single Post
Old 08-19-11, 11:37 AM   #26
Osmium Steele
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Back to the port side aft vents I Borked a few weeks back. Simple fix with the .75mm quarter round.

.50mm would have been better, but I found it after this repair was complete, and I seriously didn't feel like cutting this out again.

It looks fine. Just a little sanding so it isn't quite so proud.

Upcoming projects:

1. Opening the existing flood holes below the tower, port and stbd, and adding a few holes so the pattern will be correct.

2. Moving the 4 bumps, 2 per side, forward one frame and raise them a bit. Not sure what these are exactly, but they are definitely misplaced.

3. Sand and fill the louvred vent on the bottom of the saddle tanks. I've come to doubt these were original equipment. I believe they were added to U995 after she was raised.

4. Locate and drill the new limber holes above the forward end of the saddle tanks. Both sides.

5. Relocate the diesel exhaust port below the waterline. Time to head to the party store to find some of those tiny straws used in mixed drinks. Cut at an angle, it should mimic the new exhaust perfectly.

Better idea, take the wife out to dinner tonight and order a few cocktails! Keep the wife happy, and obtain building supplies! Two birds, one stone!

That's all for now. Have a great weekend!

My U297 build thread
Osmium Steele is offline   Reply With Quote