View Single Post
Old 07-22-11, 12:39 PM   #21
Osmium Steele
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Remember the aggressive grinding incident? I made one of the limber holes look kinda like this:

I cut the top of the hole until it was even all the way across. Not sure if this was neccessary, but hey, I'm learning here.

I then CA glued a small piece of quarter round styrene behind the hole, trimming it away from the neighboring holes.

This is the finished repair after filling with Squadron White putty and shaping/filing/sanding.

The bottom of the hole is kinda ugly. I'm thinking of melting a bit of sprue and using it to fill that spot, using a tiny jewellers screwdriver as a putty knife. Will test it out a bit before I make the attempt.

Started opening up the lower vents. WOW, was scraping/sanding the aft vents intense. I kinda botched it a bit, but it should be a simple fix. Pics next week.

The order for the Griffon Type VIIC PE set went out yesterday. Should pick it up next Friday (payday). Also, waiting for a copy of Type VII Uboats by David Westwood to arrive at the house.

See you next week.

My U297 build thread
Osmium Steele is offline   Reply With Quote