Old 01-03-19, 02:05 PM   #10
oskar123
Watch

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaowl View Post
Thanks Oskar123 for raising this topic.
There are so many ships in SH3 and SH4, that would be absolutely georgeous to have in SH5 too: for exemple TheFrogs Fleet, Texelbos French Fleet or Wise and Kovalls M04B/MX04B to name only a few of them.

As far as I know, it isnīt too difficult to make them show up somehow in SH5 - I tried it myself.
But thats just the beginning, and here the real trouble with wakes, transparency, lightmaps, damage zones and shadows starts: and as far as I grasp the essence of the thread Gap linked above right, there is no real solution for some of these, unless you are able to convert .dats to .GR2 files.

As I remember right, it was in a thread of yours, Gap, I recently came across a file, wherein the terrain editors are explained. Never heard about before, but great stuff. As far as time allows, I will try to import Flakmonkeys lighthouse to SH5 using object editor. Some time ago, I tried to place it via misfiles, but it never shows up.

No one can imagine, how annoyed I am about these quickly fading lighthouses, fixed to the harbours. Especially because lighthouses would be such a great addition to the real navigation mod of TWOS. But this is a theme for a thread on itīs own.
Looked through some of the ships added by TWoS in the musem and it's true that they all lacked shadows. I'm assuming the problems with the damage model have been fixed or they surely wouldn't be added to such a high profile mod?
The wakes looked just as good as the original ships'. I'm mostly (currently at least) concerned with the playability of the mod. As long as the added ships look like ships, act like ships and (most importantly) sink like ships, fancy things like shadows can wait.

Have there ever been playable subs/ships added to this game? What are the difficulties in that compared to adding new merchants? I'm assuming the first person walk-around has something to do with it but surely there must be a work-around?