View Single Post
Old 01-02-19, 07:12 PM   #6
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
And after that self glamorizing thread? How many Veteran modders stopped posting anything they knew or figured out? That post came AFTER I had released the Type 14 Alpha that had the damages thing figured out.
(I still have the original files for that 14 by the way!)
As I recall? I was one of the first to call the Devs on lack of the Unifiedrender controller issue.
Fair enough but, self glamorizing or not, that thread had the merit not only of showing people something new that could be done, but also the one of explaining how to do that. That said, I can't say for sure whether TDW consciously "stole" your discovery, or rather he was simply inspired by some partial revelations by you, coming to your same conclusions, but we both know TDW and we know his strong ego and his inclination to put his name on any major discovery regarding SH5. Whatever of my previous assumptions was true, he should at least have credited you, but that's not even the point here: whoever has been hanging around subsim long enough, knows how much you did for our game (though often staying in the background), and be sure that when I talk about the valiant veteran modders to whom I am tied by sincere gratitude, your name is among the ones at the top of the list

Quote:
Here's the greatest thing I can tell any one. Work together! Share what you find and help when you can. A lone modder will burn out when all his peers turn their backs on him!

Seconded one thousand times!

Quote:
There is a lot I have still not completed where SH5 is concerned. And a lot I have not even looked at for awhile.
Let's talk about that lot then!

Last edited by gap; 01-02-19 at 08:15 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote