View Single Post
Old 12-14-22, 02:52 PM   #312
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I have gathered all of the included mods' data and run some checks on my set-up, and while there are some issues, I do not see anything obviously incorrect in what Niume has done. It might either come down to the details, or maybe when you CTD sometimes, there might be a 2nd or 3rd group not too far away, but close enough to influence the game's bandwidth capabilities. Also, the "stutter" when encountering groups is a "feature" (NOT!!) of the SH series... the game apparently takes too long to "draw" each 3D asset, and their rendering "overlaps", resulting in the game impacting Windows and the game's TC, which is evidenced by that "stutter" you see, which does indeed warn the player of a nearby grouping. Why airplanes take so much more bandwidth, I don't know, but they do. If you look at airplanes, they're basically ships that fly, while the player subs are similarly ships, that can (usually) control their sinking and surfacing. There is only the one player sub, but the airplanes have been known to swarm... lol
I'm not completley sure about the A/C, i.e., I haven't paid attention if or how many A/C there have been around the convoy.

In one case, there was indeed another convoy in the area and I assume that's why it took 4 attempts to finally load it.

Another convoy - was not indicated as a Large Convo - just wouldn't load, no matter what I tried. This one however, was close to the Brazilian coast.

About destroyers: Do I understand correctly, that the more destroyers, the more strain it puts on the game? If yes, that would increase as the war goes on, yes?