Old 12-14-22, 02:34 PM   #311
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Okay, let's see on the D/C topic.

The Large convoy CTD actually happens when I approach the convoy and I am about 25km away, at which point I notice that the game stops, I guess in order to load the convoy. Depending on the size of the convoy (that's my guess) it either continues or crashes .
That would near the 3D render range...

The same thing happens when I come across a task force of about 5-6 ships: The game stops for a second or two and than continues.
One common denominator between Task Forces and Convoys is, of course, destroyers...

I know this behaviour also from Sh3. It always let's me know, that there must be a convoy close by,.even without me be able to see it, yet.

Regarding A/C, same thing: Sometimes, yes, sometimes no.
The more aircraft, I am guessing, the worse it is?
I have gathered all of the included mods' data and run some checks on my set-up, and while there are some issues, I do not see anything obviously incorrect in what Niume has done. It might either come down to the details, or maybe when you CTD sometimes, there might be a 2nd or 3rd group not too far away, but close enough to influence the game's bandwidth capabilities. Also, the "stutter" when encountering groups is a "feature" (NOT!!) of the SH series... the game apparently takes too long to "draw" each 3D asset, and their rendering "overlaps", resulting in the game impacting Windows and the game's TC, which is evidenced by that "stutter" you see, which does indeed warn the player of a nearby grouping. Why airplanes take so much more bandwidth, I don't know, but they do. If you look at airplanes, they're basically ships that fly, while the player subs are similarly ships, that can (usually) control their sinking and surfacing. There is only the one player sub, but the airplanes have been known to swarm... lol

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote