Old 12-13-22, 11:01 AM   #307
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Kapitän, from over in the Dark Waters thread, you posted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Again, very helpful - thanks! Yes, the game crashes at certain convoys and after about 1h or so of D/C attack.

Let me check one-by-one:

- If I undestand correctly, if I set the FPS to let's say 60, it won't go higher than that but would go lower depending on game status, correct?

- My PC config is: i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 8GB RAM. I have the game installed on Drive :/C ... :/D has a bit less than 50% space left and :/C about 2/3 (just got an upgrade) ... so, I not sure that's the issue...

- I applied LAA but simply starting the program and selecting the sh4.exe and running the program, and getting the message that the activation was successful. If there is more to that than meets the eye, I certainly would be interested finding out about it ...

- So far, the game will not load certain large convoys and crash, and as said, after being submerged for about 1h of D/C attacks (I'm wondering if having the External View or Event Camera activiated could have somthing to do with that) ...

Comments welcome ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Okay, clear on the first two points.

On LAA, I checked the Attributes on the sh4.exe, and the "Read-Only" Box is unchecked.

I do not have any other mods outside of what is provided with the game installed, in the order given here:
- Real patch 1.4 full
- Patch 1.4.2
- KSDII_New_interface1.4.1 Salvo type label for IX
- Convoy radio reports ON
- English objectives names
- No radio antenna poles
- Increased underwater clarity

During one convoy attack that the game managed to load after the 3rd or 4th attempt, I did notice that there were a couple of cargo ships in there, that from a distance were appearing bright neon green and when getting closer, had some kind of green camouflage color. Not sure if that is merely a graphic card issue or perhaps a "bad" ship installed in the game ...
I just set-up a KSDII Aces on my machine, and have taken it for a couple of spins, but nothing too "deep" yet (sorry for the pun). I have not encountered any large convoys yet, but thus far, everything seems to be functioning, though I am not starting from France just yet. If I manage to find a large convoy, I'll let you know what happens on my machine.

You made the statement "... the game will not load certain large convoys and crash, and as said, after being submerged for about 1h of D/C attacks..." Had you taken any damage in those depth charge attacks? Is there a "shake" mod in KSDII Aces? In other words, when a DC detonates nearby, the boat's camera "shakes"? Is there a "clang" sound mod when a DC hits your boat and hasn't detonated?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote