View Single Post
Old 04-30-21, 02:59 PM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by malayawolf View Post
Hahaha good ol man and their pride. His determination is already make him the man of honor. But, if you dont mind me asking, what’s her mom’s reaction afterwards? Im sure she get to know soon or later
Well, Grandpa had been a telegrapher "doughboy" during The Great War, so he thought it would do dad good, but of course, Grandma did not think so. When dad got home in 1946, after having been gone for 3 years, he caught "what's for" from Grandma but good, he said. Not only for himself, but also for his younger brother who tried to follow him into the Navy, but was in San Diego getting ready to ship out when the war ended... Of course, the "baby" of the family had to follow in his brothers' footsteps, so my dad caught it again from Grandma... lol - she would bring that up about as often as she brought up "the wee people" (they got blamed for everything), which was rather often. Her being 100% Irish, I am of course referring to the leprechauns as "the wee people"... very superstitious woman, but she was a riot!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote