View Single Post
Old 04-29-21, 03:47 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Nice first post malayawolf. "Welcome to SubSim!"

I am "deep" into Silent Hunter also, and actually just sub sims since the days of the C-64 "computers", but SH1 is the one that hooked me, and SH4 has not left me since pre-day-one, since I did a pre-order on the game... lol - I also love the historical type game play, and imagine myself helping my dad's SeaBee unit and the rest of the USN get across the Pacific to Leyte Gulf for him to help put the Marines ashore there in October 1944, which was his first and only "action". His unit helped put together the floating dry dock off Samar after the invasion, and then he was stationed in Manila in a USN laundromat until after the end of the war. He was also in other South Pacific locations prior to Leyte Gulf. One of his buddies got to go to Okinawa from Samar, and participate in picket duty on a DE oh boy. My dad's last name begins with an "N", so as they stood in parade formation for this "volunteer" duty, they stopped at "M"... lol - Dad stayed in laundry duty, his buddy went on picket duty. Dad never has been one to do games though, and I can't even get him to look at a US Navy historical site... all he usually says about his WW2 and Korean service is "someone had to go do it". He signed up the day he was eligible without his mom's signature

We'll have to look into adding other operations into SH4, and maybe call on you for some detailed reference and further investigation into other aspects for the game.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote