View Single Post
Old 10-25-23, 03:24 PM   #37
bracer
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Hi everyone!

During early autumn I decided to tackle my old system for terrain generation which was rather slow and low resolution.
Instead of using Unitys built in terrains for rendering my heightdata I am now generating custom meshes where
I much easier can add some procedural noice to increase the terrain detail as well as higher resolution procedural textures.

The visuals, like the shader and textures still needs some love...
And also some variations in the different climate zones would be needed.

I also took the chance to develop a tree generation system for the new terrain. It's all very fast and
you can travel without any hickups at high time compression from Norway through the English channel down to Morocco.
With the new terrain generator in place, it's time to move on the another big project; getting the secondary guns working.
First step was to improve the models.
This is the SK C/28 guns in C/34 twin turrets. There was four of this twin turrets and four in single turrets.
This type of turret was developed from a cruiser turret, and for economic reasons they used the back plates from the old turrets.
Problem was that the new type of turret had different layout, so the door hatch in the back plate couldn't be used.
So they bolted it shut, placed a ladder on top of it and let the crew enter via the emergency roof hatch instead!

Cheers!

My WIP Battleship simulator, Battleship Command: Scharnhorst
Want to support the project on Patreon? Here's the link!
bracer is offline   Reply With Quote