View Single Post
Old 05-21-08, 05:49 PM   #25
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

DJ, thanks for the introduction. I would like to highlight certain aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Funk
who are somewhat tired of the games today & want something different or more
This is certainly the biggest motivation for people who come to the IUF core team. This project was born from the dissatisfaction, disillusioning and also disappointment of what the commercial games have delivered so far. We want a game that goes deep into the subject and gives you all possebilities to deal with it practically. But there is much more to it.

We also have concrete commercial ambitions but in the first place it is a labour of love and the commercial interests are subordinated to this love. In no way should the commercial ambitions harm the idea and spirit that is behind the project. That means we do not have a dead line. But we will release it only when the development goals for a targeted release are met.

However I also catered the commercial interests as well with a clear and as I believe clever plan. The whole development process is envisioned and mapped. I was breeding on this plan for several years and at the end came up with what I think is the best possible solution for us.

The point of this plan is to shorten up the development till the first commercia release without shorting it up, so to say. I found a solution to reduce the development time to something forseeable and manageable without sacrifice the targeted level of detail. But it's certainly a bold approach as well.

Quote:
& who just won’t give up since they know how the perfect game experience should be or are just disappointed how shallow & commercial the games of today end up.
We are definitely a restless bunch. There is basically no naval game out there that satisfys us. We have a very clear vision and we also know how to get there. It will surely still takes its time but we have a basic game in place which seem to be appealing and very promesing even in its infant state, at least to thous who have or discoverd the interest in this subject. IUF certainly helps with that cause it confronts you practically with subjects that were not treated with this attention or never treated at all.

Quote:
I think it’s time to go showcasing
What do you mean ?
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote