View Single Post
Old 03-23-24, 08:00 AM   #860
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Netanyahu says he is going into Rafah with or without American support

Quote:
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Friday that he is determined to send troops into the southern Gaza city of Rafah and would do so without U.S. support. He made the announcement after meeting with U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken. President Joe Biden's administration has urged Israel to hold off on its invasion of Rafah, where more than 1 million Palestinians are sheltering.

'Today, I met with the U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken. I conveyed my deep appreciation for our joint effort in combating Hamas for over five months,' Netanyahu said. 'I emphasized our commitment to evacuating civilians from conflict zones and addressing humanitarian needs. However, I underscored the necessity of entering the Strip and neutralizing the remaining militias to defeat Hamas,' he added.

'While I expressed hope for U.S. support, I made it clear that if necessary, we would proceed independently.' Blinken, meanwhile, warned Netanyahu that Israel's security and its place in the world are in peril, and 'you might not realize it until it's too late,' Axios reported citing sources. 'You need a coherent plan, or either you're going to be stuck in Gaza,' Blinken said.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...&ei=18#image=1

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote