View Single Post
Old 02-27-17, 06:49 AM   #82
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The Chinese are united by race. They are Han. Their sense of unity is very strong.

The regional feelings of identity in Europe you can see all across Europe. Despite the desperate attempt of EUcrats to ridicule or demonise them, local independence movements and sometimes even huge mass movements you can see all across Europe. France. Italy. Spain. Balkan. Alpine area. Switzerland. Denmark. Poland. At least over 60 political such movements are usually listed when talking about this, if you lower your numerical criterion from when on you count somethign as a movement, you even can end up with hundreds.

Then there are the shared roots of different languages (the Romanic, Germanic, Slavic branches of languages). The shared religious background, mainly - EU-denied - Christianity, although desintegrating into several sub factions like Catholic, Protestant, orthodox, Anglican. The dozens and dozens of regional local cultures, the more decisive these are the more isolated by terrain people are. In the Alpine area cou can get different identities this way from valley to valley already. The occident is diverse, still there is shared historic fundament in philosophy and patterns in which we think, feel, perceive and approach the world and life in general. At home we may feel in the family we are part of, then the village we come from, then the region where our dialect is being spoken.

I am member of my family, this is my most intensely felt identity. I love Lübeck, and I know Berlin since I lived there long (don't like it), nevertheless these places are dearer to me than others. If i were born more to the south, i would consider myself to be Bavarian, maybe. But then also German, the next wider context. I may feel close to an Austrian since we share a 98% identical language, but the Austrian history is that of a huge, multicultural empire, the German is not - the differences are immense, the social behaviour norms and standards as well as the self-perception are very different therefore (Germans often underestimate that when going to Austria, and think Austria is just like Germany, due to the language - it is not). Nevertheless we all are Europeans if we were born here and our families stem from here, still there are differences, and for people coming from another continent, culture, race, "Europe" nevertheless means somethign even more different again than for families rooted in Europe since many generations and centuries, even more so when the non-Europeans come from an own culture that different to the EU is very strict in advocating its own individual cultural identity. The Turks are an actual example. There is plenty, plenty of diversity in Europe. But if you put much of that into one train and drive to China, or Egypt, or the Kongo, you will soon see what the travellers on that train from Europe all have in common, and what separates them from all others, necessarily.

And Russia, the Sovjet Union - the dictators there often thought they could replace people at will and move whole ethnicities around like chess pawns. But the original feeling of identity prevailed, especially in the Muslim southern districts. You simplify too much there, ikalugin, in order to acchieve a wanted claim that man can be opportunistically manipulated and socially reprogrammed at arbitrary will (the will of the party, for example). You underestimate the individuality of people, ethnicities, cultures, identity. As they say: blood is thicker than water. In Europe, progressives may try to intentionally ignore that. In Russia, tyrants may want to ignore this diversity to claim more power for themselves when ordering the kind of self-perception they want their subordnates to have. But still - Russian feelings of "being Russian" seem to be extremely strong, try to retrain that: I am quite certain you would fail.

But especially in the places where most mass migration to Europe is coming from - the Muslim North Africa and Middle East and the Southern Balkan - people are much less self-denying, and feel such feelings of own identity even stronger, encouraged by the call of Islam for totalitarian uniformity: "power by uniformity". I cannot see that the progressive EU's social-engineered test-tube identity it provides poltically correct thinking people with (that claims nothign less than to not just speak for Europe but all mankind), has anything to offer that could confront these far stronger, energetic and dynamic self-unerstandings these foreigners bring with them. And that is the reason why Muslim migration fails to lead to successful integration throughout Europe. Its not migration in general that poses problems. Its migration from muslim countries, countries that already before Muhammad'S impact on the grounds of history were very patriarchalic and "machismo" and remained to be so until today. If you think you can socially re-engineer this to your liking as well, then you think wrong - like the EU and the politically correct establishments thinks wrong as well.