Old 05-11-22, 12:49 AM   #7
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
The terrain can be raised under it to stop the sinking.
Would be glad to give you a hand.
Thanks, but I don't think it's necessary to make it that complex. This is just eye-candy stuff, and as long as it stays above the water I'm happy with it. But make whatever you feel like with it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Why don't you extend the 3D model under water so that it rests on the sea bottom?
I built it with an "underwater hull" as if it was a proper ship, so it wasn't floating on the surface with no foundations. I could make it more irregular to mimic a proper island, but it would increase the number of polygons for very little gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Very nice!. SH 4 is such a need of a modder able to build such things.
Oh, it's a very simple 3D model. I'm sure many people in this community could do something similar. I made a search before starting the project, but couldn't find anything other than USS Drum so I decided to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I had made one out of "dock" parts from the HarborKit dat file, and they sat fine in the water, but I did not have the "cut-outs" for the side guns and was stuck there. I would also be willing to help out with this. I also used the same "tower" from the Library... lol, as well as a couple of buildings from the HarborKit. Yours looks WAY better than mine... lol - but if no one knew what it looked like, they'd never know the difference. Now you have ruined that... - but "yes", count me in too, if you need anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Waiting for a download link.

Still need to model and add the crane, re-texture the underwater parts and find out what should I do to fix the weird look in the textures, but if you want a test version with the current files:

https://mega.nz/file/58I33DYZ#b-xeMT...Q5PNo-o96q7GJA

I've tested it under the stock game, and also with GFO mod.

Last edited by JapLance; 05-11-22 at 01:01 AM.