View Single Post
Old 04-08-24, 01:43 AM   #29
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
Perkele, how'd I miss this? That boat looks pretty sweet. Where are you sailing?
Napa River @ San Pablo Bay just off Mare Island WWII submarine base and shipyard; that chart is in my mind by heart...my life depends on it! major shipping: tankers, highspeed ferries and cargo ships have right-of-way in the Carquinez Strait......and things can get very tight at the I-80 bridge on the chart ie: the Carquinez Bridge note the massive wooden bolsters circling the 2 center bridge supports of the main ship channel (directly behind me) to prevent what happened in Baltimore to the similar but bolsterless Francis Scott Key Bridge! That outbound and too-close tanker is doing 10 knots to my 8 and puts out a perilous bow wave you can surf on. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...baltimore.html

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 04-08-24 at 02:03 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote