View Single Post
Old 04-20-24, 10:17 PM   #2339
michaeljcaboose9
Swabbie

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintanar View Post
I have the same doubt, it happens to me frequently in the campaign in the Mediterranean, when I send a contact report regarding a convoy, then the BdU responds to me:

"BdU 1/21/1942 7:43 AM
To:U-69
"Remain undetected and continue following contact/convoyAvailable submarines are heading to your patrol area"

A couple of hours after this message, messages like this one begin to be received from one or more allied submarines:

"1/21/1942 9:29 AM
To:U-69
"Requesting bearing signal from contact keeper"

Another variant of the previous message is when other submarines arrive indicating that they will attack from the port or starboard vector.

However, here I no longer know if it is pure rhetoric of the message, or I really have to send them the bearing again, which I do by sending a new contact report, but without much effect, since these allied submarines disappear after this message, I suppose ( I want to believe) that they submerge, but I have never witnessed an actual attack by AI submarines.

What I have actually witnessed is aviation attacks against the convoy, a few hours after the contact report. (In the Mediterranean, not in the Atlantic), I suppose that for this there must be an air base within the range.

Exactly what I have seen too, I think the sub has to disappear because I've listened for it on hydrophones but never heard anything.

I will keep trying I suppose, id love to see a wolfpack in action. On that note I also get messages of wolfpacks attacking convoys in other grud squares, are these just immersion messages or is something actually happening in game?
michaeljcaboose9 is offline   Reply With Quote