View Single Post
Old 03-31-23, 06:00 PM   #161
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

This is a really well-done, nice VR documentation on a possible scenario for going to the moon, building a station, and from there jump to Mars. The way VR is used to illustrate the scenes, really impressed me. The scenes on Mars really mad eme feel small and awestruck.

You can watch it in 2D and use the osue to pan around, its okay, its good - but really, it does not get close to the impressiveness in 3D.

I criticise German state TV a lot (this was made by ZDF), but with this they did something nice.

And then this. This seats you in the planetarium at the Insulaner in Berlin (which I know from the time before it was renovated), and then it plays a regular 45 minute program from there, inside the planetarium, on the planets in the solar system.

And some days ago I was wondeirng why it had not come to my mind earlier: to run the available 360° videos from inside fighter cockpits in VR. I knew this films from some years ago, but just short time ago it came to my mind as a good idea to try them with the VR headset. Wowh! Meet the Blue Angels:

The Patrouille Suisse:

Last edited by Skybird; 03-31-23 at 06:18 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote