View Single Post
Old 09-09-18, 07:43 PM   #5324
justfun
Swabbie

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Default Sorry for my poor english

Hi, currently octobre 1943 (reality 81%)

Base Lorient type X - good experienced crew.

It's terrible. Everywhere planes in my grid DH . I tried many different approachs to a big convoy with 7 destroyers + a, what's the name in english, un "porte avion". Every approach is detected. My boat is intact but i'm tired trying to sink this big "porte-avion".

On this time of war the objekt is more not to die as to sink enormous tonnage. After a while I decide to not attack for the fourth time cause it's too dangerous. I promised to my crew we drink a beer in a bar and not water in the Atlantique. Let's go searching isolated chips but also here it's not so easy... it seems like all the f.... planes search after me.

less than 6.000 tonnage sunk. A poor score but still alive. More than 5 hours with DC over my head. 230m deep and silently escape my UBoat in extra low speed (1) and stop... and (1) while explosion and stop... changing direction. With speed (2) impossible to escape. Then waiting dark night and surface. Last mission i surfaced at day and my boat was spotted by a plane while reloading the ext. torpédos. Impossible to dive i was lucky and fired and reached the plane but it's very hot and i don't want to live this again. (2 good experienced friends wounded at board)

So. Sorry Herr Donitz, i don't want to die. After 3 years on sea i'm a different man. From now on when i see a little chip, a fisher boat or something not armed I looked through periscope and let hem tranquilly go. My crew look at me and smile. I wait the end of the war.
justfun is offline   Reply With Quote