Thread: The "Hum"
View Single Post
Old 01-13-22, 07:12 AM   #43
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Its back and in strength this time, since some weeks I hear it very intensely, mostly in the time between midnight and early morning around 5:00. I think strongly now that it has something to do with the general electrical powergrid infrastructure, that it is no accoustic but electromagnetic hearing, means the perception of hearing someting is triggered in the brain due to some influence from outside, namely electromagnetic waves that affect areas of the brain and cause the perception of accoustic sound. Maybe it is linked to chnages in the power level in the gridlines at different timers of the day. I woudl expext the load to be lower between 00:00 and 5:00 than it is over the daylight period and early evening.

Its so intense at night currently that I need white noise genrators to get some sleep. Its very annoying. And it is no tinnitus for sure.

Perplexing is that it is all of a sudden on, and all of a sudden off, and that the times this occurs, are surprisingly stable and very much the same times every night. Definitely no natural randomness in it, it must have an artificial origin. Also, the sound fills the space veerywhere, and is the same whereever I am, hiogh or low, at home or ten kioeometers away. Its everywhere, does not vary in volume , and is totally unspecific regarding "direction". Its omnipresent.

Most people I have asked, do not hear it. My father again does hear it. People seem to be differently sensible to it. He says however that while it is back, for him it is weaker then in past years. But then I am 54, he is 78. It was described by others that there seems to be a raised vulnerability that may be due to age-related physical changes in the body at the age from 50 to 70, if true my father is on his way out of it, and I am on my way in, so to speak.

Very annoying. White noise helps to "flood and flush it". Noice-cancelling headphones have zero effect, do not block it. Another hint that it is no accousting noice.

Compare to this older text from 2006: https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/s..._hum/cause.htm