View Single Post
Old 05-07-11, 01:36 PM   #3200
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
2) I am probably the only person to say this, but I kind of got used ot having the ochestral music score going in the background and wouldn;t mind having it back. What can I tweak and where to get the music back without having to use the grammophone?
Use the Radio to get the music and news updates. Ducimus also included a nice pull-down map of popular routes the freighters use. Helps you get into a reasonable position to spot traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post

3) All the map contacts have gone grey. This was one little issue I had with GWX for SH3 and had to have it put back in. Is there a similar fix for TMO?
I'm not sure if the map contacts are grey with TMO, since I always do the following before playing. I also like the ship silhouettes on the Contact Map.

From TMO_20.pdf, FAQ, Page 48 (Found in the Documentation folder of the TMO mod)

4.) How do i cheat bigtime, and get back "tails" and sensor information on the navigation map?

Disable TMO, and delete the following two files:
\Data\Menu\gui\ContLine.dds
\Data\Menu\gui\DashLine.dds

5.) How do i get back the ship silhouettes on the contact map?
Go to the /data/sea directory in TMO. There you will find a bunch subdirectories, one for each ship in the game. Located in each one of these subdirectories is a DDS file. This file will be named whatever the ships name is _shp.dds (*_ship.dds). Disable TMO, and delete each of these files from all subdiretories. Warning, not all ships are from the stock game, so deleting these particular ships means they wont show up on the map at all. I recommend you play with the ship silhouettes as is. The idea is to cut down the amount of unrealistic information the stock navigation map gives you, and to simulate markings that a tracking party member might have put down with a grease pencil.

Good Hunting!