View Single Post
Old 12-01-21, 12:47 PM   #35
Mister_M
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

I understand your point of view. You have probably played this game before SH3 was created, so you are judging SH3 with AOD as a "reference". I do the same thing myself, but SH3 being my reference. Well, probably, deception is more influencing our judgment than joy for the improved features. So, you were so disappointed by SH3's AI that you state that AOD is a better "simulation", and I probably do the same. Yes, we can't stand a regression compared to what we have already played, so we get angry and leave.

I will try to play more missions with AOD, but I need to learn the game's "logic" (way of working), and also the keyboard shortcuts. For example, when a DD is coming for a DC attack, what are your options to increase your chance of survival (apart from praying ) ? By the way, it was very "anxiogene" when I heard DD's propellers coming over me, well done, i guess it's a main feature !

Else, the very first convoy mission I've played was disappointing. I didn't see any ship on the surface (even with bino), so I asked the Watch officer to give me contacts, and he said ennemy bearing 348°. So I looked with bino at 348 (of my sub) and saw nothing. So I sailed full speed on new course (south) but still nothing. Then, after several minutes, I went to the nav map and saw points north of me. Some time later, I discovered that it was in fact the COURSE of the convoy which was 348°. Is it a known issue ?

Last edited by Mister_M; 12-01-21 at 12:59 PM.
Mister_M is offline   Reply With Quote