View Single Post
Old 08-05-09, 02:04 PM   #15
Xxzard
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

The only way a sinking ship goes down faster is a magazine explosion, to my understanding. You can order the ships to cease fire, but all locally controlled guns will continue to fire.

The weather report shows visibility, and visual detection is I suppose automatic at that range. You can check the torpedo range by taking a look at the ship status report/menu thing and selecting one of the torpedo launchers. One problem I have noticed is that it seems when ships are near the edge of short/long range settings, the torpedos are launched on short setting and run out of 'gas' before reaching the target, when launching on long range would have assured at least reaching the target.

Getting a large fleet to behave in an orderly, no, even reasonable way can be difficult. It is something of a gripe with the game that the ships aren't somewhat more intuitive about that. No ships have any individual initiative except for avoiding torps and collisions (which is actually a good feature) although that itself can lead to big organizational problems.

All in all I think the control scheme is OK though, once you get to know it.
Xxzard is offline   Reply With Quote