View Single Post
Old 04-09-24, 01:09 AM   #97
rik007
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Thank you very much Fitzcarraldo,

I looks like that the ctd's stem from another area of sh3. With me I got ctd's with the MFM mod without the surface attack mod (like Fubar had). That was very strange as others did not experience that.

We found out that removing the safe files from the document folder solves these Ctd's. So if you experience ctd's in OneAlex (or any other mega mod) it is a good idea to remove all files except of your careers folder from this folder:

c:\users\<your username>\documents\Sh3\data\cfg

Please make a backup before you do so. When you fire up sh3 it will rebuild these files. Obviously you have to change the options afterwards to your liking. Of course you also need to have the 4GB, run as an administator etc in place.

So after I removed the save file I use the night surface attack with Kyle's merchant fleet in 1943 etc without issues. Also the random crashes in OneAlex went away.

Doolar did the same thing and the last PM he send me he was campaigning up to more than 5 hours with the night surface attack project + Kyle's latest MFM without issues... except for an airplane that found his boat.

Creating an 8/16 Km.... might be a lot of work if there is impact on detectability. Not sure how many people use 8/16 km env and if it is worth the effort.

rik007 is offline   Reply With Quote