View Single Post
Old 02-18-17, 09:03 AM   #183
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1341
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesF0790 View Post
Alright, I know I am doing something terribly wrong somehow because the system obviously works but I sort of need a hand. For the first encrypted message in the campaign
Code:
Message1=BDU    1800/31/8/39    19  _||EQVI NXVG KFMN VHZJ ZFUD EMPW UPBQ PATK BWUW UGPC LFGW IXIY WAYV LUVX WKHV HSXG SCJX EQVI NXVG
I have tried it what seems like ten times with ten different results, all of them gibberish.

At first it was stupid mistakes like using the wrong date (1st Sep as opposed to 31st Aug) or putting in an O instead of a Q but I know for a fact the message is right now and I can not for the life of me understand what I'm doing wrong.

First thing I do is bring up the red envelopes and choose "Strom" From there I take EQVI NXVG, written down as
Code:
EQ
VI
NX
VG
And from that I get
Code:
KQ
HM
AS
IQ
Discarding the K gets me HAI as the Cipher identifier which duly shows up as Hydra.

Going to the Hydra settings I take the encryption date (The 31st of August) and from that, I get told to use the B reflector (locked in obviously) and the following wheels and settings
Beta 1 8 4
A S E N

Doing that I then do the plugboards as follows
Code:
15/22 13/3 9/26 1/17 2/10 12/21 20/6 16/25 19/24 4/18
using LJBH as the starting dial settings.

Typing in my encryption key (QMSQ) gets me GDAB which I then set the dials to and put in the message minus the EQVI NXVG which gives me the following gibberish

Code:
BTYZ PPAA VVNV UOHA QAGU IDNZ NVEG HLDO SLVR TPRH NVIM KKTC ZLZW SYVM PKRI
Can any kindly captain point me in the right direction where my mistake is because it's driving me around the bend.
HI mate
you write :
"Typing in my encryption key (QMSQ) gets me GDAB which I then set the dials to and put in the message minus the EQVI NXVG which gives me the following gibberish"

You here wrong... rigth is GDGB Your work is all good i think you maybe just wrong type QMSQ maybe.