Old 04-02-12, 09:21 PM   #7
themrwho
Torpedoman

Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Grandpa's Guages???

I find that to be...umm...er...just what I need!

Thank you muchlees!
I said to myself, to prevent mixups mod's name should make it clear how big this thing is! enjoy

Biggest thanks go to CapnScurvy, I've based this on his work.

BTW two developments since release;
1) Before posting, I did several hours of testing but was just quick tests. Now that I am actually 'playing' with this in career mode, TDC dials started to look too small I just added bigger chronometer and bigger TDC dials in my wishlist, if I ever get to finish them I'll post them too.

2) I noticed that owing to the huge size of the gauges, now one can set a fraction speed such as 0.3 knots. It is reported after being rounded to nearest figure, thus 0.3 kn shows as 0 kn but on the map sub slowly moves and screws do rotate in external view. Could be a cool option to use this for realistic near-dead-stop attacks.

I don't know if real U-boats were able to set such speeds though? What do you think Steve?

Thinking about it, guess it should be realistic because if you one provides very limited power to engines that surely produces very limited output (rpm).

I guess the question is; were U-boat engineers able to provide very limited power?
themrwho is offline   Reply With Quote